Pages

Friday 30 June 2017

Conventional Tips: How to Get a Job Fast


This is something I always wanted to share but never got a chance to share my experience on how to get a job real quick especially in the IT field but this article can also work for all field if implemented exactly what I am going to write. So let's get started.

First things first you will have to choose a city you are most interested for the job. So I am assuming a city for this article is Bangalore. And I am also assuming a field like games development. 

Now I have a city in my mind that is Bangalore and I have to get a job in Games Company. And this was easy and first step. Now without wasting time let's move on the second step. 

In the second step you will have to make a full-fledged portfolio. It might be hard copy or soft copy like a website or blog. If you have no idea what the hell is portfolio then take a look on my portfolio and blog and get some idea from it. 

Portfolio: http://jamshaid.in


Honestly you do not need both you can make either a website or a blog, I did it because I love the things I do and you also do not need to spend money to get domain name and hosting for your portfolio. Google blogger will do it for you. This is the most important step and yes its bit difficult to implement if you did not have it already. 

This might be your first step if you did not have it already, go and make one first. 

After making full portfolio or blog go to LinkedIn and update your profile and fill all the information including the skills and projects. Two fields are optional that is publications and honors & awards, but if you have then you can also update this.

If you are from non-IT fields and do not require a portfolio you can skip making portfolio but  still you need to update your LinkedIn profile to move on next step. 

Now you want a job in Bangalore in a Games development and you have full fledge portfolio with updated LinkedIn profile. 

If you are a fresher you still need a portfolio and updated LinkedIn profile. 

Now move to 3rd step in this step you need a good resume. In your resume you need to mention your academic profile technical skill and area of interest. These three things are very important for your resume. If you are not a fresher you need to mention your company details you are currently working and if you have achievements then do not forget to mention it on your resume. Other things are optional like the hobbies or strength etc. 

If you want to get some idea take a look on my resume:

Resume Link: https://goo.gl/dbwKCa

Now you have all the things which is required to move on next step. 

In this you need to know what companies you are looking for the job. So, you have to make a list of games which company in Bangalore.

Search on Google and LinkedIn and then make a list of companies at least 25 to 30. Go to their website and write down emails of HR which is mentioned on the contact us page join us page or it might be on career page. Write down all email ids on a piece of paper. 

Now you have to send an email one by one remember do not forward the email just compose a new email and attach your resume then write a cover letter in the body section of the email also put the subject line as <Your Name> Resume. Cover letter is very important 

Cover letter is the summary of your resume see below for example.

**********************************************************************

Hi,

I am pleased to present my resume. I believe that I can tackle my assigned job very efficiently & effectively.                   

I hold Post Graduate Diploma in Game Development from ICAT, Bangalore, I also done 3 year Diploma and 3 year Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science.  

Please find attachment for Resume and also check my portfolio: http://jamshaid.in

Primarily I am a Game Developer, but also worked on web development. I have 2 year and 3 months experience as Game Developer. Currently, I am working at CompanyName since August, 2016 to till date. CompanyName is Bangalore based company, expertise in Gesture-Reactive, Virtual Reality, Physical Computing, IoT and Augmented Reality contents. I have good knowledge in Unity3D Game Engine, Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, InDesign etc. Also worked on PHP, HTML, CSS3, MySQL Contents. I keep myself educated on current trends and proven tactics, always searching for ways to do what we do better than before. I pride myself on friendly service and a quick turnaround, key ingredients to an efficient process.

Yours Sincerely,

Mohd. Jamshaid Alam

Contact No. +91-8050749504

E-mail: jamshaidalam88@gmail.com

Portfolio: jamshaid.in

**********************************************************************

Do not think about the company that whether the company has opening or not just send them and wait. You will definitely get call for Interview. It’s all done. I hope you enjoyed. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment